gwenythlove

Gwenyth Love spent her early years in the libraries of Hamilton, Ontario. She currently lives in Toronto with her son, boyfriend, too many animals and enough books to start a library of her own.

How Beauty Met the Beast - Jax Garren Before stating anything further I have to make this one thing very clear. THIS IS NOT A YA NOVEL!

OK. Now that I have that out of the way, let's continue!

This is one quick and steamy novel of awesomeness! I have always been a huge fan of the whole Beauty and the Beast theme, and Jax Garren doesn't destroy my faith in the story type at all. in fact, I have the urge to rush out and re-read all BatB novels right this minute!

/breathes

There is so much to love in this novel, and not a lot to not like. I think one of my favorite things is the main character Jolie (don't get me wrong, I love Haul too). But Jolie is special for many reasons, one of which is that she has Celiac Disease. As someone who has a serious gluten sensitivity herself I just felt an instant connection with her. Add this to the fact that she is a dancer/aerial performer...wow...just an amazing and well rounded character. I absolutely adore her. You will understand when, not if, you read this book.

The Pros:

Steamy scenes where you hold your breath in anticipation of the excitement to come
A firm grasp in weaving in tension without killing the reader with it
Absolutely wonderfully stable characters you cannot help to love...every single one of them
A main character who has celiac disease...love the added depth of this
A fabulous and realistic underground steampunky community
Piercings, tattoos, steampunk, burlesque, magic and mystery...oh my!

The Cons:

The fight scenes, especially at the end, move very quickly and don't flow well.

This is a really well written steamy book that mixes action, romance, great characters, and so much more into a VERY enjoyable product. I suggest you read this now if you don't mind a little blushing as you read...

Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
The Rising
Kelley Armstrong
Faceless
Jus Accardo
Compliance (The Dust Chronicles)
Maureen McGowan
Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis, Sixth Canadian Edition
Charles T. Horngren, Srikand M. Datar, George Foster, Madhav Rajan, Christopher Ittner, Maureen P. Gowing, Steve Janz