gwenythlove

Gwenyth Love spent her early years in the libraries of Hamilton, Ontario. She currently lives in Toronto with her son, boyfriend, too many animals and enough books to start a library of her own.

Incarnate - Jodi Meadows I haven't done a review for a while. Most of you are probably aware of the reviewer/author drama that was ongoing at the beginning of this year, and if you have no idea what I am talking about, be thankful, because I am not going to rehash it all over again. But needless to say, it put me in a cruddy and miserable place and I honestly had no urge to review anything for anyone...I read a lot of books, I just didn't feel like sharing my opinions with anyone while everyone was still sensitive.

But Jodi Meadows and her debut novel Incarnate changed all that for me. It was the first time in quite a while that I had so thoroughly enjoyed a book that I felt I just had to share it with anyone willing to listen. Not since Divergent by Veronica Roth has a story captured my attention with such unique ideas and vivid characterization. And not since The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater has a love story felt so true and realistic, and sometimes heart-breaking.

Incarnate has this wonderful world where dragons attack cities made of seemingly living walls with acidic breath and sylphs can literally burn the flesh from your body with the briefest of touches. Everything is new and exciting and you feel like the proverbial kid in a candy store as you turn around slowly in circles trying to take everything in. It took me less than 24 hours to devour this book. The only sad part is now it will feel like forever as I wait for part two...

My only minor complaint with the events near the end of the book. I won't spoil anything at all but I just have to share that it felt so rushed and confusing I'm still not actually sure of everything that happened. Perhaps that was done on purpose as more things unravel in future books. Once I pick up my physical copy on release date I will most likely re-read at least the end to see if it makes more sense to me. But it made me very happy to not have to be subjected to a horrible cliffhanger of doom that often accompanies most series books in ya right now.

I suggest every single one of you rush out and buy this as soon as your local book store opens tomorrow. No excuses!

Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
The Rising
Kelley Armstrong
Faceless
Jus Accardo
Compliance (The Dust Chronicles)
Maureen McGowan
Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis, Sixth Canadian Edition
Charles T. Horngren, Srikand M. Datar, George Foster, Madhav Rajan, Christopher Ittner, Maureen P. Gowing, Steve Janz