gwenythlove

Gwenyth Love spent her early years in the libraries of Hamilton, Ontario. She currently lives in Toronto with her son, boyfriend, too many animals and enough books to start a library of her own.

Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel - Emma Vieceli, Leigh Dragoon, Richelle Mead This is most likely going to be more of a gush than a review, but that's OK right? I read, or should I say I devoured, The Vampire Academy (The first book in The Vampire Academy series) by Richelle Mead last summer. I absolutely adored it. The writing style, the characters, the story, everything was pretty much perfect. It was a great introduction into a great series that I continued to devour until the very final novel.

This graphic novel is a great companion piece to the series. You can read it without reading the series, but I would truly recommend you read the series anyhow because it will just add so much depth and story that can't possibly be displayed in these too few graphic novel pages. But as a companion piece, it is amazing, and stunning, and fabulous, and gush gush gush...

I think I am most happy with the character visualization for Rose Christian and /drool Dimitri. I'm not sure how I feel about Lissa yet...but I'm sure she will grow on me.

I'm happy to see that the graphic novel version of book 2, Frostbite, is set to be released in April of 2012. The cover is already giving me chills! I look forward to reading and experiencing every story once again, but in graphic novel format, especially the final one.

Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible