gwenythlove

Gwenyth Love spent her early years in the libraries of Hamilton, Ontario. She currently lives in Toronto with her son, boyfriend, too many animals and enough books to start a library of her own.

Winter's Passage - Julie Kagawa I had read The Iron King, book one in the Iron Fey series, back in April of this year. I remember ranking it 3 out of 5, meaning it was OK, but nothing really special. As such, I actually didn't remember all that much about it. This short eBook occurs between book one and book two (The Iron Daughter) and was a perfect re-introduction to the series.

I was immediately re-submerged into the world of faery (which is a beautiful, yet dangerous place to be) and was reintroduced to all the characters I actually enjoyed meeting in the first instalment. Ash, Grimalkin, and even Puck brought wide smiles to my face.

There was so much in this short story I really enjoyed. It was really great to get inside Ash's head a bit and see the increasing inner conflict develop over his feelings for Meghan. The character of The Hunter as the wolf of all stories, kind of like a Wolf God was another favourite development of mine. Luckily the story wasn't long enough for Meghan to whine me into irritation.

Overall it was a nice and short entertaining story to tide the readers over between books. Now if only the longer length novels were this good.

Originally published at http://rantsnscribbles.blogspot.com/2011/08/review-of-winters-passage-by-julie.html

Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
The Rising
Kelley Armstrong
Faceless
Jus Accardo
Compliance (The Dust Chronicles)
Maureen McGowan
Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis, Sixth Canadian Edition
Charles T. Horngren, Srikand M. Datar, George Foster, Madhav Rajan, Christopher Ittner, Maureen P. Gowing, Steve Janz