gwenythlove

Gwenyth Love spent her early years in the libraries of Hamilton, Ontario. She currently lives in Toronto with her son, boyfriend, too many animals and enough books to start a library of her own.

Zombies Vs. Unicorns - Garth Nix, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Diana Peterfreund, Justine Larbalestier, Margo Lanagan, Alaya Dawn Johnson, Kathleen Duey, Carrie Ryan, Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, Scott Westerfeld Zombies vs. Unicorns was my pick for collection of short stories for my 2011 YA Challenge. I actually only picked it because it was what I saw a lot of other people participating in the challenge were picking. I had no idea who Holly Black was before that day.

Generally I'm not a big fan of anthologies. I usually find there is maybe one or two good stories, and the rest are typically pretty crappy. I guess I have to readjust my way of thinking after reading Zombies vs. Unicorns. This was probably the best collection of stories I have ever read. I have to give credit to Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier for pulling this together.

You can read the complete review on my blog at http://rantsnscribbles.blogspot.com/2011/07/review-of-zombies-vs-unicorns-edited-by.html

Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
The Rising
Kelley Armstrong
Faceless
Jus Accardo
Compliance (The Dust Chronicles)
Maureen McGowan
Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis, Sixth Canadian Edition
Charles T. Horngren, Srikand M. Datar, George Foster, Madhav Rajan, Christopher Ittner, Maureen P. Gowing, Steve Janz